Work for us
Due to market growth Medical Engineering is looking for a number of Engineers to join the company for a 4th January 2021 start.
Excellent chance to join a recognised, industry leading brand that offer a brilliant package alongside a varied, interesting and challenging position. Interviews will take place throughout November in the UK and Ireland and virtually if needed.
All interested parties to email a CV with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Medical Field Service Engineer x 2 positions
UK - Midlands x 1 position
Republic Ireland (with occasional travel to NI) x 1 position
Start Date: 04/01/2021 (must be available for a 2 week residential training course from the 18/01/2021)
Salary: £38k-£45k depending on experience (local rate equivalent in Euro for Ireland) + Overtime + Van + Training Programmes + Progression + Mobile + Pension + Health Insurance
The Job Role:
To play a leading role in supporting the on-site technical needs of our customers. Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (PM) and complete repairs, as per our standards and procedures, on medical equipment within an Electrosurgical portfolio. The Field Service Engineer will be responsible for managing their own routine preventative maintenance schedule and will be responsible for conducting repairs on their territory.
They will also be a requirement to commission and install equipment and to perform software and hardware upgrades on a variety of apparatus. The Field Service Engineer will produce weekly reports to the Field Service Supervisor, will provide service reports to customers and will ensure traceability of work and products via reporting tools and software packages. The field service engineer will support other territories and team members as per business requirements. Collaborate with Sales, Customer Service and technical support to ensure smooth service delivery, customer satisfaction and further growth of Medical Engineering Service contracts.
Key Activities & Accountabilities:
• Preventative and corrective maintenance of medical devices
• Rapid response to breakdowns
• Completion of service reports, regular and on-time updates of work orders on the database.
• Software and hardware upgrades
• Commissioning and installation of equipment
• Delivery of technical training to customers
• Delivery of technical training to the peer group
• Maintain safe working practices within the Clinical and non-clinical environment
• Maintain spare part stock wherever necessary
• Maintain company assets such as laptops etc. & tools in accordance with company guidelines
• HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent Qualification in Engineering, electronics, or medical technologies such as Biomedical Engineering is desirable.
• Fluency in both spoken and written (technical and medical) English.
• Adequate IT-knowledge (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Oracle, PowerPlay, Impromptu) Experience • 3-5 years of experience in service/repair/testing of electrical/electronic devices combined with good mechanical skills.
• A minimum of 3-year experience in the Hospital environment or Healthcare Service industry is desirable.
• Experience of working in a field service position, working within the clinical environment, working with complex medical devices and engineering experience will be appreciated.
• Familiarity with the appropriate national and local regulatory standard.
• IT experience on an administrative and technical level.
Experience in working with Electrosurgical Units is advantageous as is experience with Olympus, Ethicon, Covidien, Medtronic or Karl Storz equipment.
Additional experience of interest:
- Arthroscopy Pumps
- Power Supply
- Light Sources & Consoles
- Pulse Oximeters
- EKG/ECG Monitor
• Self-directed imitators: People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
• Collaborative partners: People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
• Analytical problem solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
• Dedicated achievers: People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
• Goal-oriented developers: Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
This is a Field Based role.
Closing date for applications: 2nd November 2020
Sorry no agencies will get a response